Hyzaar contains a combination of hydrochlorothiazide and losartan. Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that helps prevent your body from absorbing too much salt, which can cause fluid retention.
Category: Blood Pressure
Active substance: Losartan/Hydrochlorothiazide
Delivery to: spain
Oct 28th - Nov 06th (9-18 working days) by Airmail
Oct 24th - Oct 31st (5-12 working days) by EMS
Hyzaar is used for treating high blood pressure and decreases the risk of stroke.
What is Hyzaar?
Hyzaar contains a combination of hydrochlorothiazide and losartan. Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that helps prevent your body from absorbing too much salt, which can cause fluid retention. Losartan is an angiotensin II receptor antagonists. Losartan keeps blood vessels from narrowing, which lowers blood pressure and improves blood flow.
Hyzaar is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). It is also used to lower the risk of stroke in certain people with heart disease.
Hyzaar may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Use Hyzaar as directed by your doctor.
- Take Hyzaar by mouth with or without food.
- Drinking extra fluids while you are taking Hyzaar is recommended. Check with your doctor for instructions.
- Hyzaar may increase the amount of urine or cause you to urinate more often when you first start taking it. To keep this from disturbing your sleep, try to take your dose before 6 pm.
- If you take cholestyramine or colestipol, ask your doctor or pharmacist how to take it with Hyzaar.
- Continue to use Hyzaar even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Hyzaar. Drug Class and Mechanism
Hyzaar is a combination angiotensin II receptor blocker and diuretic. The angiotensin II receptor blocker works by relaxing the blood vessels. Exactly how the diuretic works to decrease blood pressure is unknown, but it helps the kidneys to eliminate fluid and sodium from the body.
If you miss a dose of Hyzaar, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store Hyzaar at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Hyzaar out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Do not use Hyzaar if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Hyzaar or to any other sulfonamide medicine (eg, sulfamethoxazole) ;
- you are pregnant;
- you have severe liver or kidney problems or are unable to urinate;
- you are taking dofetilide or ketanserin.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
- Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Report any lightheadedness or fainting to your doctor immediately. Your risk of lightheadedness or fainting may be increased if you experience diarrhea, vomiting, excessive sweating, if you do not drink enough fluids, or if you are on a low-salt diet.
- Patients who take medicine for high blood pressure often feel tired or run down for a few weeks after starting treatment. Be sure to take your medicine even if you may not feel normal. Tell your doctor if you develop any new symptoms.
- Hyzaar may cause you to become sunburned more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Hyzaar. Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Hyzaar before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- If you have high blood pressure, do not use nonprescription products that contain stimulants. These products may include diet pills or cold medicines. Contact your doctor if you have any questions or concerns.
- Your doctor may have also prescribed a potassium supplement for you. If so, follow the dosing carefully. Do not start taking additional potassium on your own or change your diet to include more potassium without first checking with your doctor.
- Diabetes patients - Hyzaar may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely. Ask your doctor before you change the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Hyzaar may raise your blood sugar. High blood sugar may make you feel confused, drowsy, or thirsty. It can also make you flush, breathe faster, or have a fruit-like breath odor. If these symptoms occur, tell your doctor right away.
- Hyzaar has not been shown to reduce the risk of stroke or certain heart problems in black patients who have high blood pressure.
- Hyzaar may interfere with certain lab tests, including parathyroid function tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Hyzaar.
- Lab tests, including kidney function, blood pressure, and blood electrolytes, may be performed while you use Hyzaar. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Hyzaar should be used with extreme caution in children; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Hyzaar may cause birth defects or fetal death if you take it while you are pregnant. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor right away. Hyzaar is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Hyzaar.
Possible Side Effects
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- back pain; diarrhea; dizziness; lightheadedness, especially when sitting up or standing; nausea; numbness or tingling of the skin; tiredness.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; confusion; decrease in sexual ability; decreased urination; depression; drowsiness; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; hoarseness; muscle pain, tenderness, or cramps; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; restlessness; seizures; severe or persistent dry mouth; shortness of breath; swelling of the arms or legs; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual thirst; unusual tiredness or weakness; vomiting; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Hyzaar is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
Your order will be packed safely and secure and dispatched within 24hours. THis is how your parcel will look like, the images are photographs of real shipments. It has the size of a normal protected envelope and it does not disclose its contents.